Astronomical Society of Northern New England
P.O. Box 1338
Kennebunk, ME 04043-1338
(Print, fill out and mail to address above)
Name(s for family): _______________________________________________________
Telephone # _____________________________________________________________
Membership (check one):
Sky & Telescope ($32.95)_____ Astronomy ($34)_____ (Courtesy Startup for new members. Existing members renew through magazine notice)
Tell us about yourself: (New members, or update for present members)
1. Experience level: Beginner____ Some Experience ____ Advanced______
2. Do you own any equipment? (Y/N) And if so, what types? _________________________________________________________________________________
3. Do you have any special interests in Astronomy?
4. What do you hope to gain by joining ASNNE?
5. How could ASNNE best help you pursue your interest in Astronomy?
6. ASNNE's principal mission is public education. We hold many star parties for schools and the general public for which we need volunteers for a variety of tasks, from operating telescopes to registering guests to parking cars. Would you be interested in helping?
7. ASNNE maintains a members-only section of its web site for names, addresses and interests of members as a way for members to contact each other. Your information will not be used for any other purpose. Can we add your information to that portion of our web site?
Here is a summary of the benefits of membership:
-Our monthly newsletter Skylights.
-Discounts on Sky & Telescope and Astronomy magazine subscriptions.
-Automatic subscription to the Astronomical League's quarterly newsletter, The Reflector.
-With proper training, access to Club equipment at the Starfield Observatory
-By special arrangement, free admission to the Southworth Planetarium at USM in Portland.
Enjoy camaraderie and fun in learning and sharing your interest in Astronomy!
Membership fees are for the calendar year beginning in January and ending in December. Dues are payable to the treasurer during the last quarter of each year (October-December) for the upcoming year. Checks should be made payable to the Astronomical Society of Northern New England (A.S.N.N.E) and mailed to the address above. Visit our website at http://www.asnne.org/